Tuesday 5 April 2011

Chocolate Brownies

I have used various brownie recipes before and always found them to be a bit hit and miss or just over complicated...then i discovered one by Bill Granger which changed my life. I made some adjustments to it to make it my own. I am now a brownie making machine and churn them out in no time at all with this simple recipe. People are always asking me for the recipe, so here it is!

345g caster sugar
80g cocoa powder
60g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
4 eggs, beaten
200g butter, melted


Preheat oven to 160C (I use 180C in my combi oven) .
Stir the sugar, cocoa, flour and baking powder together in a bowl. Add the eggs and melted butter and mix until combined.
Line a 22cm (9 inch) tin with baking paper and pour in the brownie mixture.
Bake for 40-45 mins. Allow to rest in tin for 10 mins then transfer to a cooling rack. Cut into squares and dust with cocoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment